Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Oooooo Machsheen!

A fly on the wall observing the fictional escapes of the soap world.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Oooooo Machsheen!

I've always considered Ashley to be a bit of a lauching stock, byut in some ways a shame becuase they were increasingly portraying Claire to be a sex beast. :)

Coronation Street’s Ashley 'fuming' after he is axed with screen wife
Coronation Street’s much loved Ashley and Claire Peacock have been axed from the show and will be written out of the soap by the end of the year.

After talks with Corrie’s new producer Phil Collinson, actors Steven Arnold and Julia Howarth were told their characters would be cut.

Despite rumours that the actors confronted the producer to land juicier new roles but were instead given the chop, Collinson said the decision was mutual.

He made a statement saying: ‘Ashley and Clare Peacock have been part of the fabric of Weatherfield for many years but like any community, people come and go.

‘Both actors and myself felt that we had reached a crossroads with the characters, to the point that as actors they were not being fulfilled and stories were harder to find.’

Collinson continued: ‘We mutually decided to start working towards an exit for the Peacock family, giving the actors the chance to explore new opportunities and for us to devise a dramatic exit storyline.

‘I wish Steven and Julia, and of course the young boys who play Josh and Freddie, all the best for the future.’

Article continues here ...

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

sorry but when i watched corrie years ago, he seemed a bit wet then. If nothings changed, suprised he wasn't axed years ago. Dont watch it anymore,,, boring twaddle!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Resident Alcoholic
Current Mood: Giblet Botherer

Posted on

Wet? He's the pacific!!!! :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Wet? He's the pacific!!!! :)

lmao :rofl: :rofl:

I had to read that twice, as i thought it said Pathetic! or saying that, i suppose that could go :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Resident Alcoholic
Current Mood: Giblet Botherer

Posted on

Lord Gumble wrote:
smeggypants wrote:Wet? He's the pacific!!!! :)

lmao :rofl: :rofl:

I had to read that twice, as i thought it said Pathetic! or saying that, i suppose that could go :D

I forgot to Capitalise it. :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Soaps