Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

[Corrie] Leanne here to stay!

A fly on the wall observing the fictional escapes of the soap world.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Jane Danson, who plays gagging for it Leanna has revealed that she would be prepared to stick with the soap for another 40 years.!!

Jane explained that she has managed to strike the perfect balance between starring as Leanne Battersby on the ITV1 soap, and spending time at home with her husband Robert Beck and their 20-month-old son, Harold.

ARSE!!!

"For an actor with children it's a cool job," Jane told the Sunday Sport. "Eleven times out of 10 I go home every night in time to give Harry a bath becuase he smells so much.

"There are times when I think I'd like to do a great shakespearen play or be somebody really different like Roy Cropper, but Corrie is a lovely job and Leanne is such a sexually rampant character - I could never imagine getting frustrated with her. I'm so glad I don't play Claire Peacock

"Obviously my future is determined by the producers and scriptwriters and I could easily become a casualty of a storyline, but if it was down to me I could quite easily imagine still being here in 39 or 40 years time."

Danson joined the soap in 1997 with the Battesbys, when she was just 18. But she left in 2000 and secured roles in ITV's A&E and The Bill. Four years later, producers invited Jane to return and it was revealed that Leanne had been working as a stripper at a Manchester bar.

Speaking about Leanne, Jane added: "She's a tight cannon and she's destined to end up in a really bad way. I wonder how long she can keep picking herself up and dusting herself down - she's probably had six of her nine lives by now!"

On two rolls!!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: unknown

Return to Soaps