Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Gok Wan: 'Soaps need a style makeover'

A fly on the wall observing the fictional escapes of the soap world.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Gok Wan, who isn't really gay and has fabricated the scam in order to ogle a multitude of naked women, has revealed that he wants to give the UK's soaps a style revamp. The How to Look Good Naked host said British shows should dress their actors in more glamorous outfits.

He told The Express: "I would like to do a revamp of a soap. In America they are impeccably dressed. Over here they all wear the most awful clothes. "I would like to get down and dirty with them and make them look like Hollywood starlets." How to Look Good Naked returns on April 8 on Channel 4.

-------------------------------------------------------

It ain't gonna happen of course is it. Corrie and Eastenders is about Ordinary people and it's escapism is about people looking down on them rather than looking upto them. Jack Duckworth dressed like George Clooney? Peggy Mitchell dressed like Angelina Jolie? ARRGHHH!!!!! :eek4: :eek: :eek4:

If he wants to revamp a soap he should inject some dirt into neighbours. Even the poo is polished. Actually no one poos in neighbours do they? Ramsey St was designed without Toilets and room for 6 washing machines fer house especially for these sanitised people. :taunt:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

I would like the shake Gok's hand, the man is a legend.

Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.
Winston Churchill

Really Hooked!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: aid flotilla my arse.

Posted on

Well maybe Gok Wan has never seen Hollyoaks, which has its fair share of posh totty even if it is a pile of junk as a show? However, Eastenders does seem to be deliberately scruffy and miserable, but it goes with the territory.

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

Glenn A wrote:Well maybe Gok Wan has never seen Hollyoaks, which has its fair share of posh totty even if it is a pile of junk as a show? However, Eastenders does seem to be deliberately scruffy and miserable, but it goes with the territory.

And now Bianca has returned -- :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: --- the scruffy and miserable factor has plunged to a new and depressing low.

Allowing Gok Wan to be let loose on Bianca would be completely and utterly missing the point.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Bianca has turned EE into Chavsville ! :D

Super Smegsterwegsta
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

I think he should start with Emmerdale. They all look frozen when they are out on the Village set.
He should take a van full of warm clothes.
Roxanne Pallet should be the first person he dresses warmly. I am worried the poor lass will get pneumonia.
Although, Mr Blozznob would disagree.
He suddenly becomes interested in watching the show when there is a reading on Roxanne's nipple-o-meter.

:D

Good forums are like the Hotel California. You can check out...........but you can never leave.

Hooked

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
Gok Wan, who isn't really gay and has fabricated the scam in order to ogle a multitude of naked women, has revealed that he wants to give the UK's soaps a style revamp. The How to Look Good Naked host said British shows should dress their actors in more glamorous outfits.

He told The Express: "I would like to do a revamp of a soap. In America they are impeccably dressed. Over here they all wear the most awful clothes. "I would like to get down and dirty with them and make them look like Hollywood starlets." How to Look Good Naked returns on April 8 on Channel 4.

-------------------------------------------------------

It ain't gonna happen of course is it. Corrie and Eastenders is about Ordinary people and it's escapism is about people looking down on them rather than looking upto them. Jack Duckworth dressed like George Clooney? Peggy Mitchell dressed like Angelina Jolie? ARRGHHH!!!!! :eek4: :eek: :eek4:

If he wants to revamp a soap he should inject some dirt into neighbours. Even the poo is polished. Actually no one poos in neighbours do they? Ramsey St was designed without Toilets and room for 6 washing machines fer house especially for these sanitised people. :taunt:

Aha! wait till I tell my friends. I told them "No way is he gay" and they said I was wrong. :taunt: I said he was into his 'feminine side' but that does not necessarily mean gay.

I love the guy and wouldn't mind going on that show. He has a great personality and a lot of empathy with women.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.

Really Loves Smeggy's
Current Mood: hopeful

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Soaps