Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Albion Market!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A fly on the wall observing the fictional escapes of the soap world.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Set to make a comeback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Jobless Oddball wrote:Set to make a comeback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Granada made this it flopped so why are they resurrecting it??

I don't care how you look at me
Because I'm the one that you will see
We can make it work
We can make it right
Just give me half a minute & I'll tell you why
Rough Boy - ZZ Top

Super Smegsterwegsta

Posted on

Mr & Mrs Tabbythecat wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:Set to make a comeback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Granada made this it flopped so why are they resurrecting it??

Coz there aint enough soaps on the TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Jobless Oddball
Like the idea, mate, can we have the BBC equivalent Triangle back about a North Sea ferry, but this time with the cast of Crossroads Mark 2 and a couple of Hollyoaks flops on it. While we're at it, I think the BBC might recommision Eldorado as it was picking up in the ratings at the end( well more than 2 people were watching it) and I'm sure ITV might reconsider Echo Beach and replace Corrie with it as this is full of Northern saddos and Echo Beach has a bit more glamour.
Blimey, at this rate I can see EE replaced by Triangle, Emmerdale replaced by 600 episodes of a Country Practice and Corrie replaced by Echo Beach. While we're at it, that exotic Scottish drama much loved by elderly Scottish people, but misunderstood by silly young Sassenachs, High Road will be shown every night on ITV1 at 8pm. Quite frankly the prospect of all this makes me want to top myself.

Really Loves the Place!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!

Posted on

I remember distinctly fancying the pants off one the women in Albion Market. In fact i still have her pants here. She never came back to retrieve them!!

But then I'm weird. I also liked crossroads. :hello: :hello: :taunt: :howl: :spike: dinnerjacket:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Smeggy
Might it have been Helen Shapiro, who appeared in a few episodes as a hairdresser?
I think this show was blighted by the most rotten luck ever, as Granada touted it as a possible Corrie replacement- possible in the mid eighties as Corrie ratings were slumping and the audience demographic wasn't attractive to advertisers( elderly and blue collar )- and then the BBC ran episodes of Open All Hours agsainst AM, which killed it stone dead in the ratings. The fact it was also badly made and badly acted didn't help and it lasted less than 12 months.
In a cruel twist the set was demolished to make way for the set of the programme it might have replaced, which continues to this day and, despite periodic ratings slumps, shows no sign of being cancelled. Everyone knows about Coronation St, but precious few recall the Market and those that do snigger at it.

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

I don't remember Albion Market... :o

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

I remember it, but don't remember anything about it - I think there was a bloke with dark curly hair unloading stuff off a truck - and talking to someone at the same time.

The title was Albion Market in a wrought iron arched gateway?

yep - something like that!

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Glenn A wrote:Smeggy
Might it have been Helen Shapiro, who appeared in a few episodes as a hairdresser?
I think this show was blighted by the most rotten luck ever, as Granada touted it as a possible Corrie replacement- possible in the mid eighties as Corrie ratings were slumping and the audience demographic wasn't attractive to advertisers( elderly and blue collar )- and then the BBC ran episodes of Open All Hours agsainst AM, which killed it stone dead in the ratings. The fact it was also badly made and badly acted didn't help and it lasted less than 12 months.
In a cruel twist the set was demolished to make way for the set of the programme it might have replaced, which continues to this day and, despite periodic ratings slumps, shows no sign of being cancelled. Everyone knows about Coronation St, but precious few recall the Market and those that do snigger at it.

hmmm? Rings a bell. I just googled her and I'm not sure. I'm sure she worked on the market itself. I'll see if there's any Albion Market photgalleries. ......

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Hello, Smeggy, she played a character called Viv. The few people who saw her in it said she was dreadful. Mind you, meeting an Albion Market fan was as rare as finding a four leafed clover in those days, or someone who watches Echo Beach these days.

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

watcha :)

if I ever come across an episode of Albion market online I'll have to watch it now to see who this mystery fancy piece was. :) I remember have the real hots for her but never took much notice of the rest of the show. :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:watcha :)

if I ever come across an episode of Albion market online I'll have to watch it now to see who this mystery fancy piece was. :) I remember have the real hots for her but never took much notice of the rest of the show. :)

Smeggy
Glad to see you admit to liking it. I wouldn't mind AM becoming a cult thing as I suppose it has the irony value, same as I know a woman at work who thought Eldorado was good and still thinks it was badly treated by the critics.
Actually I must have been the only person in my day who thought Night and Day was good. Sad, isn't it, but it had Lesley Joseph in and she was still worth it.

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

Eldorado I never got into at all. I probably wouldn't have got into Albion Market if it wasn't for the now mystery hot piece. :)

However I do admit to getting into the last attempt at Crossroads though. :oops: :oops: :D :D :yippee:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

ALBION MARKET.

What a great name for a market :thumb:

No greater friend, no worse enemy.

On three rolls!!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:I remember distinctly fancying the pants off one the women in Albion Market. In fact i still have her pants here. She never came back to retrieve them!!

But then I'm weird. I also liked crossroads. :hello: :hello: :taunt: :howl: :spike: dinnerjacket:

You're a knicker sniffer??????????????????????????????????????????

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Jobless Oddball wrote:
smeggypants wrote:I remember distinctly fancying the pants off one the women in Albion Market. In fact i still have her pants here. She never came back to retrieve them!!

nah I take them off and enjoy the natural pheromones of what's underneath :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:

nah I take them off and enjoy the natural pheromones of what's underneath :)

You sniff piss stains?????????????????????????????????????

Really Hooked!

Return to Soaps