Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Brookside

A fly on the wall observing the fictional escapes of the soap world.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

I remember how modern the houses looked when it was first broadcast! Bit of a shambles now, eh?

Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Found it!! Interesting that the actual part used for the soap is at the end of the close and can be seen to be derelict, while the rest of the close in inhabited. You can even see what looks like a gate blocking the soap section off.

I wonder if the residents get pissed off with sightseers? :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Found it!! Interesting that the actual part used for the soap is at the end of the close and can be seen to be derelict, while the rest of the close in inhabited. You can even see what looks like a gate blocking the soap section off.

I wonder if the residents get pissed off with sightseers? :)

I'm sure they do.

I wonder why they haven't been bought by a developer so they could be refurbished and sold on?

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Ms Honey wrote:Image

*swoon*

I'd like him to pin me against the wall!! :benny:

I have that image of Sheila against the wall too, but I think it happened during an argument with Bobby. Those 2 were always fighting!

I seem to remember Sheila was raped by Matty after getting out of his taxi.

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Tired but happy

Posted on

Ms Honey wrote:
lesleyanne wrote:
Ms Honey wrote:I remember the first ever episode. It was the first thing broadcast on the brand new channel 4.

Sheila Grant was raped by an inturder in her home.

I remember the first ever episode too, in fact they showed it again recently on Channel 4.

But Sheila wasn't raped in the first episode - and the rape happened outdoors, not in her home :confused:

Ooh I have a false Brookie memory??! I can see her being pinned against a wall in the hall way of her house - was that a different story line then?

Well nothing like that happened in the first ever episode; nothing much happened in the 1st one, it just showed the Collins family (David, Annabelle, Gordon and the daughter) moving in, and meeting the Grants. Their toilet had been robbed by the time they moved in, and Damon and his mates graffitied all over the walls of the house.

The rape happened sometime later, I remember Sheila being in a taxi (she was upset about something), she got out, and was raped in the woods I believe. There was a big story line about who did it, with Bobby Grant's mate Mattie bing a suspect, but it turned out to be the taxi driver.

How sad am I? :D

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Ms Honey wrote:Image

*swoon*

Fight you for him! ;)

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Iggy's Place wrote:
smeggypants wrote:I remember a guy, wasn't he called Nick, who had really big glasses and a heroin addiction?

Yeah. He was married to Heather (Amanda Burton).

In a former life he used to present a schools' programme called Picture Box (I think that was the name). And I also think he was in Coronation St at some point but I could be wrong on that one!

He was in Corrie, he played Ken Barlow's brother (David?) very early on.

One of my favourite episodes was when Billy Corkhill lost it big time and drove his car over everyones front gardens :rofl: John McArdle was good at losing the plot scenes.

Loves The place!

Posted on

pompey73 wrote:
Iggy's Place wrote:
smeggypants wrote:I remember a guy, wasn't he called Nick, who had really big glasses and a heroin addiction?

Yeah. He was married to Heather (Amanda Burton).

In a former life he used to present a schools' programme called Picture Box (I think that was the name). And I also think he was in Coronation St at some point but I could be wrong on that one!

He was in Corrie, he played Ken Barlow's brother (David?) very early on.

One of my favourite episodes was when Billy Corkhill lost it big time and drove his car over everyones front gardens :rofl: John McArdle was good at losing the plot scenes.

Whilst shouting 'I'm a doley, I'm a doley' :D

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

lesleyanne wrote:

There was a big story line about who did it, with Bobby Grant's mate Mattie bing a suspect, but it turned out to be the taxi driver.

Oh it wasn't Matty! Now I'm having false Brookside memories!! :D

Loves The place!

Posted on

pompey73 wrote:
lesleyanne wrote:

There was a big story line about who did it, with Bobby Grant's mate Mattie bing a suspect, but it turned out to be the taxi driver.

Oh it wasn't Matty! Now I'm having false Brookside memories!! :D

I'm 99% sure it turned out to be the taxi driver.

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

I've just realised that I have an old Brookside book that someone gave me as a present years ago. It WAS the taxi driver who was convicted of the rape. But Matty told his wife that he'd been having an affair, and when she (the wife) heard that a man had been charged with the rape, she assumed it was Matty (as he was a suspect), and committed suicide by jumping off the Mersey ferry. :eek4:

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Ms Honey wrote:
lesleyanne wrote:
Well nothing like that happened in the first ever episode; nothing much happened in the 1st one, it just showed the Collins family (David, Annabelle, Gordon and the daughter) moving in, and meeting the Grants. Their toilet had been robbed by the time they moved in, and Damon and his mates graffitied all over the walls of the house.

The rape happened sometime later, I remember Sheila being in a taxi (she was upset about something), she got out, and was raped in the woods I believe. There was a big story line about who did it, with Bobby Grant's mate Mattie bing a suspect, but it turned out to be the taxi driver.

Not sad at all! Thanks for that Lesleyanne :)

I was wondering where I could look to find out!

I'd also forgotten about the Collins family - they were the posh family, weren't they?

Yup, that's right. They 'downsized' to the close when David lost his job.

Now I've found my precious Brookside book, ask away! :D

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Ms Honey wrote:
lesleyanne wrote:I've just realised that I have an old Brookside book that someone gave me as a present years ago. It WAS the taxi driver who was convicted of the rape. But Matty told his wife that he'd been having an affair, and when she (the wife) heard that a man had been charged with the rape, she assumed it was Matty (as he was a suspect), and committed suicide by jumping off the Mersey ferry. :eek4:

:eek4:

Was she called Maureen?

It says 'Mo' in the book, so yes, she was. Fancy remembering that!

i loved Harry and Edna Cross :)

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:Harry Cross ruled! He was such a cantankerous old bastard! :D

Edna's death was sad. :(

Yes, I remember that :( Then it was just Harry and Ralph.

Loves Smeggy's

PreviousNext

Return to Soaps