Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Neighbours' Mrs Mangel dies, aged 92

A fly on the wall observing the fictional escapes of the soap world.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

I hated her. But her character was designed to be hated. Bit like that prudy character that was in Emmerdale

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

I haven't watched it for a similar amount of time. it got too sanitised as well as too Teen. All the storylines were loke some Christian Moral lecture and everything was squeaky clean. Even the soil in the gardens was washed and polished

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I remember watching it when characters like Annalise (sp?) and Flick (Holly Valance) were in it :hubba:

"Who does the washing? Who does the drying? No one, with this washer dryer" - Jim Bowen

I still need you there beside me
No matter what I do
For I know
I'll never find another you
- The Seekers

"Life is what happens to you when you're away making other plans" - John Lennon

"Names Gene Hunt, your DCI and its 1973. Almost dinner time. I'm havin' hoops!"

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: What a shitload of fuck

Posted on

I'm old enough to remember gettign the hots over the famous Daphne living room exercise scene. I think Des nearly came in his pants as well

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

The squeeky clean thing was what was great imo. All the other soaps just regurgitate the same morbid storylines. I used to watch neighbours for its escapism. And the reason i stopped watching is because it became like all the other soaps ie shit and predictably depressing.
Even the Grundy Prisoner, set in a prison started pff as escapism type drama but kept it when it added storylines that were gripping but depressing.

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

I don't watch any soaps now. Except maybe once every 4 or 5 months when I'm bored shitless :)

When I do put one it'w amazing how quickly you knw all the characters and their relationships. Script is cleverly designed to hook you in

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

RIP Vivean Gray :(: Shirley Stelfox' character Edna Birch in Emmerdale reminded me of her character Mrs Mangel in Neighbours and she died recently. Two fine character actresses.

Fine Barman!

Posted on

Morph wrote:I haven't watched Neighbours for over 20 years now, I stopped watching circa 1992 when it suddenly morphed into a teenage soap and characters like Todd Landers, Debbie Martin, Brad Willis and the Alessi brothers were central to a lot of storylines.

From what I have read on Digital Spy and in soap magazines, Neighbours has since returned to its traditional roots of families and squabbles.

God that's a blast from the past all they names! I too stopped watching around 1993/4 is, or sooner as even though I was a teen back then I new the storyline were shit, and remember Phoebe someone was pregnant and kidnapped for what seed to be weeks, just dragged on and on!

Started watchng home and away in the early days but couldn't stand it for any length of time!

Trailer Trash
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Soaps