Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Emergency Ward 10

A fly on the wall observing the fictional escapes of the soap world.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Wonder if he played showtunes from the thirties to the patients on the hospital radio. Actually he looks quite young on there, but it was popular well over 40 years ago.
Nah, bit before my time Scott, but I do recall the seventies version, also from the sadly gone ATV, called General Hospital. The idea was the same.

Really Loves the Place!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!

Posted on

Goodness ... I think THAT was before my MUM's time :eek:

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:Was this shit shown on Bravo when it used to crackly screen black and white programmes?

Possibly, Scott, digital takes broadcasting to its ultimate extremes. Wonder if there's a channel set up for Muffin the Mule.

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:Whatever next? The return of Mary, Mungo and Midge? :roll:

Richard Baker has presented some shit over the years...including "These You Have Loved".

Yeah, right, whatever!

(Another programme the Frances Line Fanatics would like to hear back on the airwaves).

Actually back when MMM was on the air, Richard Baker was better known as a news reader, a role he wasn't too bad at, but his radio shows have never inspired me or many other people. I do recall once seeing the start of the Last Night of the Proms and he appeared drunk, which could have been quite interesting if he got really sloshed and fell off his chair or made dirty remarks about the well endowed blonde waving the union jack.

Really Loves the Place!

Return to Soaps