Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Shameless actress joins Eastenders

A fly on the wall observing the fictional escapes of the soap world.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Maggie O'Neill

Maggie O'Neill has joined the cast of EastEnders as another member of the ever-growing Branning clan.

O'Neill, known for her role as Sheila Jackson in Channel 4's Shameless, will play Suzy Branning, the fourth oldest of the six Branning children - Jack (Scott Maslen), Max (Jake Wood) Carol, Derek and April being her siblings.

No-nonsense Suzy will reportedly become Phil Mitchell's (Steve McFadden) new love interest when he helps her out of a tricky situation with an ex. Suzy is Phil's type but has no idea what to make of her, while Shirley immediately forms an impression.

Speaking of her new role, O'Neill said: "The Brannings are a great family and I am really excited to become one of them. Suzy is a woman to be reckoned with and I'm looking forward to playing her."

Executive producer Diederick Santer added: "I've long-admired Maggie's work from her outstanding performance in Take Me Home to her hilarious and moving Sheila in Shameless. She's yet another top drawer addition to our wonderful cast."

O'Neill has also appeared in Midsomer Murders, Peak Practice, Mansfield Park and the Oscar-nominated film Gorillas in the Mist.

She will begin filming with the soap next month and first appear on screen in early to mid summer.

Looks like EE are trying to complete the set of Brannings! :yippee:

"What brings you round here?"
"The biscuits."

Max Branning and Sean Slater, winding each other up!

On a roll!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Nice one - I really fancied Sheila.

A threesome with Suzy and Tanya Branning would go down a treat!!!. :) :) :flash: :flash:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Ms Honey wrote:Oh that's great news - she is a really good actress and I loved her as Sheila in Shameless :)

I've heard a rumour that Larry Lamb is also joining EE as one of the Mitchell clan. I used to lust after him in Triangle (:D) when I was actually way to young to be lusting after grown men! :o :D

Image Image

Larry lamb is Gavin's Dad isn't he?

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Soaps