Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Sunset Beach

A fly on the wall observing the fictional escapes of the soap world.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Sunset Beach

Anyone else absolutely love this show?

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

I don't like soaps but this was more of a comedy and I loved it. Loads of soaps have had a child turn up the father knew nothing about, only sunset beach could have a woman have a child she didn't know about turn up. :D

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Ah, you beat me to it! I was planning on starting a Sunset Beach thread...

One of the greatest shows ever made. Sunset Beach is pretty much the reason I gave up watching TV for years, and DEFINITELY why I gave up watching soap operas. There's no point anymore, really. It doesn't GET any madder than that. For me, the high point, not just of Sunset Beach but of television as a medium, was the episode where Antonio, feeling all guilty about shagging Gaby during the earthquake, prays to God for advice... and GOD HIMSELF APPEARS, WITH THE VOICE OF AARON SPELLING!!! That was WAY more post-modernism than you'd expect from a daytime soap! Ah, and the Rosario diamonds, the turkey baster, Annie's constant dream sequences (including the fantastic one where she ACTUALLY STOPPED TIME and went around listening to people's thoughts...)

Sunset Beach was fucking awesome, and I'll fight anyone who says it wasn't.

"Pirates and bank-robbers, not lawyers or CEOs. Stockbrokers ain't your heroes"- The World/Inferno Friendship Society

Really Hooked!
Location: Behind the mask, with the idea. Because ideas are bulletproof.
Current Mood: Lovesick, broke and driftin'

Posted on

Loved it So off the wall you had to love it, with olivia's Lies, Bette waving her hands around like a maniac with an endless supply of bizarre wordings, and an axe murderer who was the double of someone boring, and cursed jewels was truly only sunset beach.

Music Is Life!

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Oh it was so fab...I couldn't believe it when they axed it. I used to rave about it and nobody I knew ever heard of it or watched it...then slowly, it began to get noticed.

It was such a good show. Stoatie you just sum it up perfectly - whats the point in tv any more?

Oh Sunset Beach days...such superb wacky storylines, dream sequences, who says americans dont get irony? (but maybe they don't because they axed it.)

Actually, its a bit like the Wicker Man - did they really realise what they were doing, or was it unintentional...

Annie was fab, and Olivia. And Gabby. och they all were

And I think Ben should be the next James Bond!

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

I'm sure in an interview Lesley-Anne Down said most of it was tongue in cheek and a lot of American viewers just didn't "get it", that might explain why it got axed. It was a long time ago and I could be completely wrong though.

I'd love Channel 5 to do a re run.

Smegster

Posted on

Jim_UK wrote:I'm sure in an interview Lesley-Anne Down said most of it was tongue in cheek and a lot of American viewers just didn't "get it", that might explain why it got axed. It was a long time ago and I could be completely wrong though.

5 have re run it twice already I doubt they will again. they re ran it most recently at 10.30am january -august 2005, then it moved to 4.20am august - november them 5.10am november - january 2006.

Music Is Life!

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

This takes me back to a long time ago. I watched this when it was on 5... I will not be sorry to admit. I wonder often what happened to it.

Super Smegsterwegsta
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

Jim_UK wrote:I'm sure in an interview Lesley-Anne Down said most of it was tongue in cheek and a lot of American viewers just didn't "get it", that might explain why it got axed. It was a long time ago and I could be completely wrong though.

I want a box set. It'd be HUGE. And I'd never leave the house again.

"Pirates and bank-robbers, not lawyers or CEOs. Stockbrokers ain't your heroes"- The World/Inferno Friendship Society

Really Hooked!
Location: Behind the mask, with the idea. Because ideas are bulletproof.
Current Mood: Lovesick, broke and driftin'

Posted on

stoatie wrote:I want a box set. It'd be HUGE. And I'd never leave the house again.

wouldn't that be just awesome!!!

I've actually seen people on Sunset Beach forums selling them - all 175 episodes. I'm sorely tempted.

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:
stoatie wrote:I want a box set. It'd be HUGE. And I'd never leave the house again.

wouldn't that be just awesome!!!

I've actually seen people on Sunset Beach forums selling them - all 175 episodes. I'm sorely tempted.

So would I be, I'd best stay away or it could get expensive.

Smegster

Posted on

ooohhh Sunset Beach, I loved it, best thing since the wheel, and I even signed a petition to keep it going :oops: .

Nothing I have watched since has got me as gripped as when I was watching that.

I've tried The Days Of our Lives but its not the same :chin:

49p biscuits? that's Asda Price!
plastic fire engines? that's Fisher Price!
selling rape stories to The Sun? That's Katie Price!

On three rolls!!

Return to Soaps