Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Soaps overkill

A fly on the wall observing the fictional escapes of the soap world.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Who else thinks the overkill with soaps is too much? For starters Corrie is now on twice on Mondays and Fridays, it has two omnibuses and then is repeated late at night on ITV2. Nearly all of these badly acted borefests now seem to be repeated ad infinitum and bloody Neighbores is now shown three times a day on Five.
Plus I don't even think they're that popular now except among middle aged women.

Really Loves the Place!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!

Posted on

My other half used to love all the soaps, now even she is fed up with them. The sheer number of episodes they put out now has certainly had and effect on quality, not that there was much quality there in the first place.

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Jim
Australia and America started a backlash against these trashy, boring shows 20 years ago and now they're only shown in the mornings. I think the same thing could happen here.

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

The trouble is they seem to take a lot longer here noticing when people have had enough, lord knows what ITV would do as they are over reliant on the things.

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

I think the mainstream soaps, Corrie, Eastenders, Emmerdale. Neighbours, Hollyoaks are really well made. Doesn't mean I like all of them though. I go through phases. I hate Emmerdale at the moment, I don't mind Corrie and don't watch Eastenders much. Hollyoaks I never watch really.

Are there two many soaps on TV? Possibly, but there are so many channels these days and even ( Shameless Plug ) Smeggy's has more than enough watching material to keep anyone going while the soaps are on.

And..... I'm no one will be surprised that I'm moving this to 'Soaps'
:rofl:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Jim_UK wrote:The trouble is they seem to take a lot longer here noticing when people have had enough, lord knows what ITV would do as they are over reliant on the things.

Possibly revive World in Action to take the place of the extra Coronation St Monday episode.
However, that might be a bit too elitist for them now. Yet years ago they were quite happy to show both programmes on a Monday night.

Really Loves the Place!

Return to Soaps