Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

The Eastenders Complaints Thread

A fly on the wall observing the fictional escapes of the soap world.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

With the rate of complaints about Eastenders this year, I thought it would be best to brace ourselves for even more phone-calls to Ofcom over the next year. :D

This year, we've had complaints over:

Teen-stabbing
Line-dancing,
Husband-burying
Violent murdering
Child abusing
Ramadan-defying
Gay kissing
HOWEVER...
No one complained when Tanya called Max a bastard. :chin:

If I added in last year's complaints we would've had a Christmas number one song on our hands, but I'm a decent person. :D

So, what will be complained about in the weeks to come? Will next week's Halloween party be the most offensive ever? Will hit-and-run drivers be annoyed at how Max's attempted murder is portrayed? Will the complainers ever learn to switch over? We shall see...

"What brings you round here?"
"The biscuits."

Max Branning and Sean Slater, winding each other up!

On a roll!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

choc-a-bloc wrote:No one complained when Tanya called Max a bastard. :chin: [/b]

hehe :) - perhaps they should script a line where someone calls him a "wonderful person" That should generate a few compaints.

I'm surprised no one's complained about Bianca Jackson though.

So, what will be complained about in the weeks to come? Will next week's Halloween party be the most offensive ever? Will hit-and-run drivers be annoyed at how Max's attempted murder is portrayed? Will the complainers ever learn to switch over? We shall see...

Indeed. I couldn't believe some people complained about Sexetera being too sexual. A bit like complaining there's too much news on News At Ten. Or too may plants on Gardeners World.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Well after tonight's episode I imagine that Ofcom will be hounded with complaints regarding Max's violent and brutal attack on the "Sold" sign outside the Brannings. :rofl:

"What brings you round here?"
"The biscuits."

Max Branning and Sean Slater, winding each other up!

On a roll!

Posted on

I really liked the BBC's response to the recent compaints about a gay kiss on EE.

"EastEnders aims to reflect real life, and this means including and telling stories about characters from many different backgrounds, faiths, religions and sexualities.
"We approach our portrayal of homosexual relationships in the same way as we do heterosexual relationships.
"In this instance, Christian is enjoying the first flush of romance and we've shown him being affectionate with his new boyfriend in the same way any couple would.
"We also aim to ensure that depictions of affection or sexuality between couples are suitable for pre-watershed viewing.
"We believe that the general tone and content of EastEnders is now widely recognised, meaning that parents can make an informed decision as to whether they want their children to watch."

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-9260.html

If I remember rightly, there was a slightly steamier gay kiss a week or two later - presumably the BBC's response to the first one had the desired effect of shutting up the complainers?!

Loves Smeggy's

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Soaps