Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Funny United Airlines (wait till end for spoof airline ad')

Comedy Videos for your viewing pleasure.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Funny United Airlines commentary (wait till end for spoof airline ad')

https://youtu.be/HV28_ENzFog

Fine Barman!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:This story is quite interesting for several reasons:

1. An airline ticket does not entitle you to a seat on a flight

2. When requested to 'de-plane' by the captain or cabin crew who have approval from the captain, you must oblige

3. Yes, the security staff were a bit heavy-handed but the passenger refused to leave the aircraft quietly

4. The snowflakes on Twitter who have never been on a plane, let alone a United flight, say they will never fly United again

Fucking idiots.

I agree with you crumbs.. :thumb:Also there is more to this story than has been printed..

:maddy: Image

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

crumbs wrote:This story is quite interesting for several reasons:

1. An airline ticket does not entitle you to a seat on a flight

2. When requested to 'de-plane' by the captain or cabin crew who have approval from the captain, you must oblige

3. Yes, the security staff were a bit heavy-handed but the passenger refused to leave the aircraft quietly

4. The snowflakes on Twitter who have never been on a plane, let alone a United flight, say they will never fly United again

Fucking idiots.

This is the problem ( although I'd disagree with the use if "a bit" ) not the other points.

So while the airline for technically correct according to their T&Cs, the way thay did it ad the reasons they did were a PR disaster, not to mention having a passenger physically assaulted. So they are still utter twats

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

The bloke I've read is a bit of a control freak,has been in trouble re drugs.

But you are totally correct Crumbs,it should have been handled better.

:maddy: Image

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

crumbs wrote:Yes, the physical assault was wrong. The guys face hit an armrest. The thing is that he WAS non-compliant. The security personnel used excessive force but they gave him ample opportunities to leave the aircraft.

Another point to remember: three other passengers were also asked to de-plane and, whilst they were a little aggrieved, they complied and got $800 and were rebooked on the next available United flight.

This passenger was also selected for de-planing and offered $800, but just flatly refused.

Now, United could have handled this at the gate. It happens all the time where passengers are requested to take lots of cash if they take the next flight because the current flight was overbooked.

The mistake that United made was to allow the passengers to board and then make a request for four volunteers.

So three passengers took the cash. They couldn't find a fourth volunteer so selected this poor bloke. He became extremely non-compliant and agitated. The crew called security who extricated him from his seat.

What the crew should have done is offered the maximum cash for the final volunteer, which is around $1300. Someone would have put their hand up to leave the plane. Better still, the ground crew should have sorted this out st the gate.

The extrication of the passenger was the main issue here - the manner in which it was carried out in. A series of bad decisions by United ground crew led to the passengers already being on board and in their seats which is the worst possible time to request volunteers.

I go back to a point I made previously: a confirmed booking and ticket for a flight does not mean that the airline will honour the booking. It is simply a request to fly on a particular flight. If the airline refuses to fly you because of issues on their side, then they will compensate you.

Good!!! More people should stand up and be "non compliant" - This guy stood up to the increasing shit that ordinary people face everyday from an increasing power by corporate unelected corporate entities. More people need to be non-compliant. It's the only way things get to be changed. The alternative is ever increasing control of the lives of ordinary people by unelected profit borgs.

US airlines has lost loads of share value over this and I'm really glad. I hope they go bankrupt and another airline takes their place that doesn't implement such crap against their customers. I.e if you pay for a ticket you are entitled to a seat. End of.

The dangers of social media are that the people going fucking mental on it usually have no idea of anything and are simply following everyone else with a sheep and mob mentality.

What about the dangers of having no social media? Before social media the MSM had a monopoly. And you know as well s I do who controls the MSM

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:No airline states that if you pay for a ticket, you will get a seat. As I explained, and as someone who flies more than most and has worked in the airline industry, the ticket is merely a request to fly on a specific flight. No airlines will make it an enforceable contract.

The manner of the de-planing is the issue here. End of.

No it's not just the manner. The issue of "de-planing" has also being highlighted by the violent thuggery of this rogue airline. You're defending shit behaviour on the basis that every airline ( cartels ) do it.

I hope more people refuse to comply with this shit behaviour, because then these airlines will all change their T&Cs

The dangers of social media are that the people with the loudest voices know the least.

Like I say, would you prefer to go back to a Zio-MSM monopoly? People participated in world wars and millions were killed becuase that situation.

Also I notice you're favourite propaganda outfit has been paid by UA to demonise the doctor. Many will blindly believe this obvious propagandaof course

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

United CEO Oscar Munoz's humiliating new apology and complete change of tone:

United Flight Debacle Spawns Several Investigations

"This will never happen again on a United flight. That's my promise," United CEO Oscar Munoz said

Link here: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/natio ... 40374.html

Source: 4 Washington

Fine Barman!

Posted on

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Image

:howl:

Fine Barman!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:

Also I notice you're favourite propaganda outfit has been paid by UA to demonise the doctor. Many will blindly believe this obvious propagandaof course

I trust United has removed the seat this deviant had been sitting in and incinerated it. The clear up team should get jabs forthwith.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Image

:howl: :howl: :howl:

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Comedy Videos