Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Rage against tuition fees...

Political Videos for your viewing pleasure

Moderator:

Forum rules
Please add [Video] to the title of video threads. :)

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Rage's DMC protest in 2000 spliced with the recent student protests...

not so nooby

Posted on

Although people shouldn't stop protesting, the governments will simply carry on doing what they like. e.g I don't believe the Poll Tax Riots actually achieved anything because I believe the Poll Tax was a deliberate ploy to first implement something really nasty so you can get the people to accept what you really want.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Although people shouldn't stop protesting, the governments will simply carry on doing what they like. e.g I don't believe the Poll Tax Riots actually achieved anything because I believe the Poll Tax was a deliberate ploy to first implement something really nasty so you can get the people to accept what you really want.

yup I think thats exactly what happened Smeggs ....

So will they reduce the fees to six thousand ....and the students will claim a victory while still paying double ? :chin: ;) :D

Posted on

This might sound a little extreme, but I don't believe in protesting (in cities) on the basis that it costs us shitloads in tax payers money to employ hundreds of policemen to stand around all day (i.e. it costs loads even if its peaceful). Under my rules they're free to go and protest in a field though... if the Sky News chopper will follow it might be worth it.

not so nooby

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Political Videos