Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

BBC Secret Society [1987]

Political Videos for your viewing pleasure

Moderator:

Forum rules
Please add [Video] to the title of video threads. :)

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

BBC Secret Society [1987]

just watched Episode 1 - very interesting indeed

The series consists of the following 6 programmes:

1. The Secret Constitution: Secret Cabinet Committees;
2. We're All Data Now: Secret Data Banks;
3. In Time Of Crisis: Government Emergency Powers;
4. The Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO): making up their own law and policy;
5. A Gap In Our Defences - about bungling defence manufacturers and incompetent military planners who have botched every new radar system that Britain has installed since World War II;
6. Zircon - about GCHQ with particular reference to a secret 500 million satellite.

Missing are last two (5 and 6) programmes. His support for this series was one of the key reasons BBC Director General, Alasdair Milne (who was replaced by Michael Checkland, an accountant) was sacked.

This Journalistic Coup d'Etat was conducted by Lord Victor Rothschild, Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and Marmaduke Hussey in 1986.

The BBC's independence has been under sustained assault ever since.

Secret Society was suppressed from high above since it was simply too controversial as it openly exposed various secret groups operating invisibly inside British government. They made damn sure no one would ever discover them but they were very wrong. Find out who they are and what are they doing without your knowledge.

Each cca 30 min. long, total cca 2 hours. A must see for everyone.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Episode 3 - " In Time of Crisis"

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Episode 4 The Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Very interesting, Milne was basically whacked because of a growing Tory clamour over perceived BBC bias after programs such as Secret Society, Thatcher's savaging by some pensioner on Nationwide, their 'biased' coverage of the miner's strike and not following the rabid jingoistic party line over the Falklands War. Oddly, despite previous custom, there was no trade union representation on The BBC Board at the time of the dismissal. Funny that.

Bias is an interesting thing though, from where I was sitting The Secret Society was nothing a lot of us didn't already know, and I could see no pro miner bias in their coverage of the strike, and, short of a rousing chorus of Rule Britannia followed by a breathless announcement of "South Atlantic Calling,South Atlantic Calling" I can't really see how the Beeb could have been more patriotic at the time. Maybe the reporting of any losses by the British was seen as sapping the moral of the National effort.

Where does your Victor Rothschild connection come from?

paint your wagons and burn your banker, coz the twisted circus is coming to town and there ain't no safety net under the high wire.

- Larry Love.

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: Puckish

Posted on

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Lord+Victor+Rothschild+Margaret+Thatcher

Rothschilds and Margaret Thatcher had a very strong link. Like they have with most fi nto all British Governments. Rothschilds as you no doubt know were responsible for the worldwide agenda of Privatisation in the 1980s, in which Thatcher was their British Agent

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Political Videos