Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Worst TV advert at the moment is . . . ??

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Forum rules
No Rules. Just try not to burst any bloodvessels!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

No matter what.l, loved that! :hmmm:

:maddy: Image

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

Mr Squirrel wrote:The one with the cat and the bird singing to each other. It isnt the advert itself that annoys me but the blisteringly stupid expression on the womans face as she watches her animals sing.

A good slap across her chops should sort it out.

Oh yes her face. Spoils the advert for me.

I hate the "be more dog" ad. I don't even know what it advertises. Suppose that when I do happen to be in front of a tv during ads in either on my phone or chatting.

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

I hate the ad with the dog "barking" BOOK :stomp:

"Who does the washing? Who does the drying? No one, with this washer dryer" - Jim Bowen

I still need you there beside me
No matter what I do
For I know
I'll never find another you
- The Seekers

"Life is what happens to you when you're away making other plans" - John Lennon

"Names Gene Hunt, your DCI and its 1973. Almost dinner time. I'm havin' hoops!"

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: What a shitload of fuck

Posted on

grimtales1 wrote:I hate the ad with the dog "barking" BOOK :stomp:

Surely someone would have said "That sounds more like a chicken, you twat" :rofl:

Planets and Atmospheres: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter4
The Dome of Clement: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter2#
Minimal Cheese available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter

Grand Master

Posted on

I know :rofl:
Reminds me of the old joke about the chicken in the library. She goes to the librian and says "Book"
The next day, she comes back and says "Book Book"
The following day, she comes back again and says "Book book book"
The librarian thinks "Jeez, she's getting through these really fast".
It turns out she's taking the books home for her friend, who is a frog - unfortunately each time the frog just answered "Reddit, reddit, reddit...."

"Who does the washing? Who does the drying? No one, with this washer dryer" - Jim Bowen

No matter what I do
For I know
- The Seekers

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

grimtales1 wrote:I know :rofl:
Reminds me of the old joke about the chicken in the library. She goes to the librian and says "Book"
It turns out she's taking the books home for her friend, who is a frog - unfortunately each time the frog just answered "Reddit, reddit, reddit...."

:groan: :rofl: :rofl:

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Galaxy. I'm sick of that fucking tune!

:mwave1:

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: Not happy. Not sad. Somewhere in between

Posted on

Resonance wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
Resonance wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

Let them eat rich, expensive, funny-shaped, yellow, eggy buns.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: unplugged

Posted on

Morph wrote:Galaxy. I'm sick of that fucking tune!

I think it seems so sweet :oops:

No matter what I do
For I know
- The Seekers

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

The dreadful Knorr stock cubes ad with Marco Pierre White have started appearing again, I thought they'd gone but seems they were only having a break.

I hate the way he speaks the words in the ad. Plus why is he advertising a mediocre product which is composed of Salt, Potato Starch, Vegetable Fats (Palm, Shea Butter, Sal, Butter), Yeast Extract, Sugar, Chicken Fat (2%), Chicken (1%), Spices (Turmeric, Pepper, CELERY Seeds), Flavourings, Onion Powder, Maltodextrin, Lemon Juice Powder, Parsley, Caramel Syrup, Antioxidant (Extracts of Rosemary). Does he really use them - I suspect not.

Oh wait - maybe he is sat back in a deckchair in the Caribbean at the moment getting a big fee every time it is repeated??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink ... tchen.html

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

Is all the infantile babbling, cartoons and promise of free cuddly toys in exchange for your soul actually selling any shit ? :shrug:

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Bunny wrote:Is all the infantile babbling, cartoons and promise of free cuddly toys in exchange for your soul actually selling any shit ? :shrug:

It must do. They wouldn't spend billions a y ear on it otherwise. Propaganda works.

Edward Bernays ( Sigmund Freud's nephew ) was the godfather of Peacetime propaganda [ PR ] - He once doubled the sales of cigarettes in the USA by a clever ad campaign to get women to start smoking. Something hitherto that was considered anti-social.

Social manipulation is hugely profitable whether that's selling the masses shitty beauty products or shitty political ideas :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
Bunny wrote:Is all the infantile babbling, cartoons and promise of free cuddly toys in exchange for your soul actually selling any shit ? :shrug:

It must do. They wouldn't spend billions a y ear on it otherwise. Propaganda works.

Edward Bernays ( Sigmund Freud's nephew ) was the godfather of Peacetime propaganda [ PR ] - He once doubled the sales of cigarettes in the USA by a clever ad campaign to get women to start smoking. Something hitherto that was considered anti-social.

Social manipulation is hugely profitable whether that's selling the masses shitty beauty products or shitty political ideas :)

We know that social manipulation is hugely profitable, but I thought it came down to cleverer ideas than giving crap toys to grown-ups.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

There's some irritating ads that sponsor programmes on the History Channel. At night it's some feckin double glazing ad some dick with a horn, but a more tolerable Wargaming.net during the daytime.

Planets and Atmospheres: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter4
The Dome of Clement: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter2#
Minimal Cheese available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter

Grand Master

Posted on

Bunny wrote:
smeggypants wrote:

We know that social manipulation is hugely profitable, but I thought it came down to cleverer ideas than giving crap toys to grown-ups.

Some grown ups are stupid. The cleverness is tailoring the PR for the social sector target audience :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Bunny wrote:
smeggypants wrote:

Well I did once apply for one of those Meerkat toys when I got motor insurance from Comparethemarket.com. It certainly wasn't that which made me chose them, though I'm told that their sales went up massively when they started the cute animal campaign. I gave to meerkat to someone who seemed to appreciate it. :): Never used that firm who give away little robots. :D

I suppose you get a free Parker pen when you get a quote for burial insurance in the ad fronted by Michael Parkinson. He definitely won't need any insurance to pay for his funeral.

Nutter!!

Posted on

diablo wrote:
Bunny wrote:
smeggypants wrote:

Well I did once apply for one of those Meerkat toys when I got motor insurance from Comparethemarket.com. It certainly wasn't that which made me chose them, though I'm told that their sales went up massively when they started the cute animal campaign. I gave to meerkat to someone who seemed to appreciate it. :): Never used that firm who give away little robots. :D

I suppose you get a free Parker pen when you get a quote for burial insurance in the ad fronted by Michael Parkinson. He definitely won't need any insurance to pay for his funeral.

I still remember the previous compare the market ad campaign. it was a drab, frumpy magnolia couple in their early 30s who spoke very boringly and ended up walking into the screen of a laptop. the previous Go compare campaign was just as drab before Shouty welsh opera signer Wynne Evans shouted really loud

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

A big ad campaign faux pas was Ocean finance. They were advertising everywhere and then decided to stop that and create their own channel on SKY. People hate ads. They aren't going to watch a channel which is just ads, and worse just ONE Company. Whoops EPIC FAIL. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
I still remember the previous compare the market ad campaign. it was a drab, frumpy magnolia couple in their early 30s who spoke very boringly and ended up walking into the screen of a laptop. the previous Go compare campaign was just as drab before Shouty welsh opera signer Wynne Evans shouted really loud

The ads with the loud opera singer were probably what mainly put me off even tryin Go Compare. :rofl:

Nutter!!

PreviousNext

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Adverts!