Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

new join the army ad

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Forum rules
No Rules. Just try not to burst any bloodvessels!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

just seen a new advert for cannon fodder ..ahem army "ask soldiers what its like " ...why not advertise the results of fighting and being killed wounded mentally and physically :mad: :spike:

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

There's a big recruitment push at the moment, it seems, for the Army, Navy and RAF. There's ads all over the telly, radio and even on the side of buses here. They do seem to be showing the more 'pleasant' (if that's the right word :| ) side of things. Like you say, Wotsit, they should show people being blown to smithereens and having their brains blown all over the floor by sniper fire.

Army: Die At Rest. :x

You wouldn't get me joining up. :x

Misanthropic Trucker
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

When my son was little, I used to worry that he might want to join the forces when he was older, but thankfully he has never shown any interest at all, in fact he left the scouts because he found it too 'regimental'.

One of his friends is thinking about it though. He's a lovely boy but wasn't doing very well at college and has now dropped out. He seems to think the army is quite glamorous and he will make loads of money. I really hope he has a rethink :(

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

as some of you fellow people may know i served in the RAF from 1980 til 1992 i was blown up at the age of 19 years old and saw my best mate and sergeant killed in front of me ...i still suffer now from flashbacks and nightmares ....at the time i joined the RAF their slogan was "train for a trade"
yes the trade i joined into there were risks but the aftercare is and still will be crap it took 19 yrs for me to be diagnosed with PTSD ...you dont see that in the ads now do you ?

I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:as some of you fellow people may know i served in the RAF from 1980 til 1992 i was blown up at the age of 19 years old and saw my best mate and sergeant killed in front of me ...i still suffer now from flashbacks and nightmares ....at the time i joined the RAF their slogan was "train for a trade"
yes the trade i joined into there were risks but the aftercare is and still will be crap it took 19 yrs for me to be diagnosed with PTSD ...you dont see that in the ads now do you ?

I didnt know your story wotsit...it sounds very traumatic . I hope things arent too bad for you now.

My brother and sister in law are actively encourageing their eldest to join the RAF - they think its a good career. My bil was in the police and I think he sees the armed forces as a rather more glamorous version of his own job. As a parent, i must admit its not what I'd want for my children.

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

I didn't know that either wotsit. I think it's terrible that people in your position get so little help when you have been prepared to give so much. Hope life is good now.

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

the tablets help but not always ...it took a visit to st thomas' hospital to find out what was wrong ...i do have some support from a charity called combat stress but they are probably inundated with new victims so i havent been there for over a year now

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

OMFG just seen a revamped cannon fodder ad with blonde bimbos chucking a bloke in the sea having a great laugh makes me fucking sick ...of course there is fun in the armed services but all the time you are trained to kill

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:the tablets help but not always ...it took a visit to st thomas' hospital to find out what was wrong ...i do have some support from a charity called combat stress but they are probably inundated with new victims so i havent been there for over a year now

but you are as deserving for care and attention as others wotsit - dont talk yourself out of getting the help they are there to give....hmmm?

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:
wotsit2 wrote:the tablets help but not always ...it took a visit to st thomas' hospital to find out what was wrong ...i do have some support from a charity called combat stress but they are probably inundated with new victims so i havent been there for over a year now

but you are as deserving for care and attention as others wotsit - dont talk yourself out of getting the help they are there to give....hmmm?

for some reason the charity seems to think i need a detox ??WTF i havent drunk booze in nearly a year ...but still what the hell i have my tablets ...i'll get by :banghead:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

a detox? Carol Vorderman style - or a homeopathic detoxing type thing - because of stuff youve possibly been exposed to? ( sorry, dont mean to pry)

MILF

Posted on

Ms Honey wrote:I didn't know that either wotsit. I think it's terrible that people in your position get so little help when you have been prepared to give so much. Hope life is good now.

It's terrible indeed, but the establishment who use the forces as mercenaries don't give a shit about them. After all if they are prepared to slaughtered a million Arabs why would they bother about a few hundred UK servicemen. The Zionist Madeleine Albright ( whose father was mentor to Condoleezza Rice ) when asked about the deaths of 500,000 Iraqi children caused by the starvation conditions of the pre-invasion sanctions simply said "It was worth it!" Bitch!! :mad:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

These are the people that don't care about us or anyone else.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5QFnAoqRZM&feature=related

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Pictures of me naked viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10495

Super Smegsterwegsta
Current Mood: Down, down, deeper and down.

Posted on

Raffles wrote:

The fraud is hideous isn't it?

"Fight for their country" ?

What a load of bollocks. They weren't fighting for their country they were fighting for the establishment.

The propaganda still goes on today, and it's just as effective. The population were screwed over about the truth of Iraq, truth of Lebanon and now the truth of Georgia. Oh an the current truth of Afghanistan and the protection of the Opium trade.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
Raffles wrote:

What a load of bollocks. They weren't fighting for their country they were fighting for the establishment.

The propaganda still goes on today, and it's just as effective. The population were screwed over about the truth of Iraq, truth of Lebanon and now the truth of Georgia. Oh an the current truth of Afghanistan and the protection of the Opium trade.

I think you could chart it back as far as history goes.
The methods change is all.

Super Smegsterwegsta

Posted on

Raffles wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
Raffles wrote:

I think you could chart it back as far as history goes.
The methods change is all.

Indeed.

But the one big factor that has been added to the equation which wasn't their before....... THE INTERNET.

What's different these days is that the ordinary person is able to publish information worldwide in seconds without the censoring and filtering of the Mainstream Media. The mainstream media is fighting back by discrediting the internet and putting itself forward as the only reliable source. This is why the disinformation about Wikipedia is being spread around. I'm hearing more and more people discredit Wikipedia, when in reality Wikipedia when used properly is the most reliable source of info.

Even since the false flag of 911 and the bogus invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq the Internet has come a long way in terms of it's in-roads into the mainstream.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote: This is why the disinformation about Wikipedia is being spread around. I'm hearing more and more people discredit Wikipedia, when in reality Wikipedia when used properly is the most reliable source of info.

Wikipedia is a pile of shit.

I know of at least two cases where it presents misinformation, which I'm qualified to discuss.
One where it has bowed to pressure from a discussion forum .
Another from an individual with a vested interest in a couple of words.

Kakapedia!

Super Smegsterwegsta

Posted on

Raffles wrote:
smeggypants wrote: This is why the disinformation about Wikipedia is being spread around. I'm hearing more and more people discredit Wikipedia, when in reality Wikipedia when used properly is the most reliable source of info.

Wikipedia is a pile of shit.

I know of at least two cases where it presents misinformation, which I'm qualified to discuss.
One where it has bowed to pressure from a discussion forum .
Another from an individual with a vested interest in a couple of words.

Kakapedia!

I've found more than a two cases.

but the point with Wikipedia is at least it can be edited and changed. ( which I know I difficult at times ). There's probably a few more cases of disinformation on wikipedia, but out of 2,500,000 articles.... ??

And like I say Wikipedia should be used properly, which means reading the discussion page so you get a broader view.

Compare that to a privately compiled encyclopaedia where you can be presented with propaganda/misinformation have NO CHANCE of correcting it.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:a detox? Carol Vorderman style - or a homeopathic detoxing type thing - because of stuff youve possibly been exposed to? ( sorry, dont mean to pry)

no whirls to come off booze :confused: ...i dont drink anymore

It's all bollocks!

Next

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Adverts!