Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

[Pat Condell] Drunk on religion

Pat Condell - Master of Critical Religious Philosophical Wit

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

[Pat Condell] Drunk on religion

Pat goes on about Christian Cult Salesmen today!!! :rofl:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Sounds like Pat's more cheesed off with Jehovah's Witnesses than anything else and is lumping all of Christianity with them. I find Mr Condell's blistering anger with religion almost sad in a way - he lumps in so many people in with a militant minority.

Most religious folk I've seen are not like that - they keep their religions to themselves unless when asked about it. Even then, they will not seek to convert you. Only Jehovah's Witnesses try doing this, but unfortunately for them - pretty much everyone's heard of them and have pretty much made up their minds that they aren't converting to that particular strain of Christianity. But in a fashion that would make Saint Jude (Patron Saint of Lost Causes IIRC) envious, they keep trying.

But Mr Condell's hatred of religion is a threat to the peace he so craves. He should understand the maxim of "Live and let live."

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Posted on

*awaits the attack on zionists*.. no, not happening.. surprise surprise

Loves Smeggy's
Current Mood: Electric!

Posted on

Richie wrote:*awaits the attack on zionists*.. no, not happening.. surprise surprise

What? By Pat? I doubt it. He seems unaware of that particular group's negative influence.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Gunner 51 wrote:Sounds like Pat's more cheesed off with Jehovah's Witnesses than anything else and is lumping all of Christianity with them. I find Mr Condell's blistering anger with religion almost sad in a way - he lumps in so many people in with a militant minority.

Most religious folk I've seen are not like that - they keep their religions to themselves unless when asked about it. Even then, they will not seek to convert you. Only Jehovah's Witnesses try doing this, but unfortunately for them - pretty much everyone's heard of them and have pretty much made up their minds that they aren't converting to that particular strain of Christianity. But in a fashion that would make Saint Jude (Patron Saint of Lost Causes IIRC) envious, they keep trying.

But Mr Condell's hatred of religion is a threat to the peace he so craves. He should understand the maxim of "Live and let live."

Well said Gunner ...... :clap: I am sick to death of Pat and his angry old man views ....I love how he still manages to slip Iran into this rant :chin:
When he starts taking about money being the real root of conflict and not religion I might listen .... :roll:

Posted on

annie27 wrote:
Gunner 51 wrote:Sounds like Pat's more cheesed off with Jehovah's Witnesses than anything else and is lumping all of Christianity with them. I find Mr Condell's blistering anger with religion almost sad in a way - he lumps in so many people in with a militant minority.

Well said Gunner ...... :clap: I am sick to death of Pat and his angry old man views ....I love how he still manages to slip Iran into this rant :chin:
When he starts taking about money being the real root of conflict and not religion I might listen .... :roll:

In a way, I can understand why Mr Condell feels the way he does about religion. He views it authoritarian and something that stifles intellect the tool of the vocal minority. But when he is just as loud and closed minded and obnoxiously dismissive of those who present an alternative view to the world to him - he becomes every bit as bad as the religious figures he denigrates.

Though I have to confess that I don't believe that money is the root of evil. The greed of and love of money is certainly a part of what we would call the root of evil.

The Seven Deadly Sins pretty much had the root of evil sussed with

* Gula (gluttony) - McDonalds for us in the West while those in Africa have nothing.
* Fornicatio (fornication, lust) - Leads to people killing each other in fights over who is sleeping with who.
* Avaritia (avarice/greed) - The West and oil / Chavs and money
* Tristitia (sorrow/despair) - British political apathy (Political suicide?)
* Ira (wrath) - Self explanatory.
* Acedia (Sloth) - Chavs and druggies etc
* Invidia (envy) - Poorer nations hating on America or the reason behind domestic burglaries.
* Superbia (hubris, pride) - America's attack on Afghanistan or chavs and bling/TVs.

Perhaps in order to truly conquer evil, one should be promoting virtue by making it fashionable. Drown out the hate-spewing idiots with kinder and more compassionate people. I don't know, the world is a messed up place and I wouldn't know how to fix it in such an advanced state of disrepair.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Pat Condell