Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

[Pat Condell] Your faith is a joke

Pat Condell - Master of Critical Religious Philosophical Wit

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

[Pat Condell] Your faith is a joke

Pat gets............. right to the end ...... without mentioning Islam. :clap: :rofl: :D


-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 112057
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I think Pat's being a tad hard on the religious, for someone who claims to want nothing more than peace - he spouts a fair amount of things which would considered rather trollish. Faith is nothing more than a gut feeling that you are right on something despite everyone else saying that you're wrong. In essence faith truly transends reason.

But there is another emotive state like this, one that makes you think you are right despite everyone else may not think so - one that impairs rational thought and cold logic - and that state is love itself. (Bollywood and Rom-com movies are full of this - boy meets girl and they fall for each other much to the disgust of their parents and peers - but hey, it doesn't matter, love conquers all.)

Perhaps to love and to have faith in something that probably ain't there is nothing more than part of the human condition. To do otherwise would surely make us a more intelligent species, but a much duller species befreft of passion and imagination. If religious faith on it's own is so wrong, does that make them less human than everyone else - surely - to err is human.

If nothing else, Mr Condell holds up a mirror to cold logic and a single school of thought and shows how nasty it can be when left unchecked.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

User avatar
Grand Master
Posts: 7045
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: Residing somewhere in Sengenydd
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I can respect people, but I cannot respect religions that I find offensive. That doesn't mean I don't respect people for adhering to peaceful parts of those religions becuase they are putting people above the religion by not adhering to the inhumane parts. But I cannot respect religious fundamentalists and extremists one iota.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 112057
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Imagine Mrs Condell (if she's still there) when Pat comes in and says "I'm just off to the spare room to do a video, dear, won't be long" :rofl:

Still, Pat makes a lot of sense. I'm tolerant of the religious but intolerant of those that go beyond piety. Religion should be a private thing; have faith by all means but don't shove it down other peoples' throats.

Planets and Atmospheres: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter4
The Dome of Clement: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter2#
Minimal Cheese available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter
Website: http://www.philter.org

User avatar
Grand Master
Posts: 6554
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:16 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I agree with you Phild05. But you'll find those who go beyond piety in all religions. (including athiesm itself)

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

User avatar
Grand Master
Posts: 7045
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: Residing somewhere in Sengenydd
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Claiming moral superiority has been the foundation of both religious cults and Establishment Politik. The 'enemy are either infidels or terrorists, or both.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 112057
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Oh here we go again ....Blah Blah Blah .... :roll:

Tell ya what Pat Ok we get the message ....now how about you focus all that intelligence and bile and slick delivery and have a rant about the Bankers or Zionists for a fecking change ....because they started promoted and made huge profits from the wars in the last 100 years . :mad:




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

annie27 wrote:Oh here we go again ....Blah Blah Blah .... :roll:

Tell ya what Pat Ok we get the message ....now how about you focus all that intelligence and bile and slick delivery and have a rant about the Bankers or Zionists for a fecking change ....because they started promoted and made huge profits from the wars in the last 100 years . :mad:

It will never happen, a Zionist would never attack his own folk.


User avatar
Loves Smeggy's
Posts: 1418
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:03 am
Location: Edinburgh
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Electric!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Richie wrote:
annie27 wrote:Oh here we go again ....Blah Blah Blah .... :roll:

Tell ya what Pat Ok we get the message ....now how about you focus all that intelligence and bile and slick delivery and have a rant about the Bankers or Zionists for a fecking change ....because they started promoted and made huge profits from the wars in the last 100 years . :mad:

It will never happen, a Zionist would never attack his own folk.


indeed Rich indeed ....I hope he enjoys his coins of gold for his rants against religion ......not that I am a fan but in the UK in this day and age to drone on and on ....he need another hobby :rofl:




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

annie27 wrote:Oh here we go again ....Blah Blah Blah .... :roll:

Tell ya what Pat Ok we get the message ....now how about you focus all that intelligence and bile and slick delivery and have a rant about the Bankers or Zionists for a fecking change ....because they started promoted and made huge profits from the wars in the last 100 years . :mad:


Perhaps Pat doesn't think that bankers are the world's biggest problem - he might have been given a rough ride by religious types during his life, hence his utter disdain for the religious. The reason Pat doesn't mention Zionism is most likely because he doesn't believe in Zionism - I don't. It's his V-blog and the content that Mr Condell decides to put into it is entirely his own call.

The guy is entitled to his own opinion, even if you don't agree with it.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

User avatar
Grand Master
Posts: 7045
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: Residing somewhere in Sengenydd
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Gunner 51 wrote:
annie27 wrote:Oh here we go again ....Blah Blah Blah .... :roll:

Tell ya what Pat Ok we get the message ....now how about you focus all that intelligence and bile and slick delivery and have a rant about the Bankers or Zionists for a fecking change ....because they started promoted and made huge profits from the wars in the last 100 years . :mad:


Perhaps Pat doesn't think that bankers are the world's biggest problem - he might have been given a rough ride by religious types during his life, hence his utter disdain for the religious. The reason Pat doesn't mention Zionism is most likely because he doesn't believe in Zionism - I don't. It's his V-blog and the content that Mr Condell decides to put into it is entirely his own call.

The guy is entitled to his own opinion, even if you don't agree with it.


How can you not believe in Zionism? :confused: Israel for all it's faults does actually exist and the 'Great Powers' have given it unconditional support since it was formed in 1897 by Theodor Herzl. AIPAC the American Zionist group and it's policeman , the ADL are very real. So are the '<insert party> Friends of Israel' groups that almost every British MP is a member of are also very real.

I can understand people not believing in a god, but not believing in a very real and tangible entity like Zionism I cannot understand.

I bet the Palestinians wished Zionism didn't exist.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 112057
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:
Gunner 51 wrote:
annie27 wrote:Oh here we go again ....Blah Blah Blah .... :roll:

Tell ya what Pat Ok we get the message ....now how about you focus all that intelligence and bile and slick delivery and have a rant about the Bankers or Zionists for a fecking change ....because they started promoted and made huge profits from the wars in the last 100 years . :mad:


Perhaps Pat doesn't think that bankers are the world's biggest problem - he might have been given a rough ride by religious types during his life, hence his utter disdain for the religious. The reason Pat doesn't mention Zionism is most likely because he doesn't believe in Zionism - I don't. It's his V-blog and the content that Mr Condell decides to put into it is entirely his own call.

The guy is entitled to his own opinion, even if you don't agree with it.


How can you not believe in Zionism? :confused: Israel for all it's faults does actually exist and the 'Great Powers' have given it unconditional support since it was formed in 1897 by Theodor Herzl. AIPAC the American Zionist group and it's policeman , the ADL are very real. So are the '<insert party> Friends of Israel' groups that almost every British MP is a member of are also very real.

I can understand people not believing in a god, but not believing in a very real and tangible entity like Zionism I cannot understand.

I bet the Palestinians wished Zionism didn't exist.


Quite easily, Smeggy.
In order to facilitate something like Zionism, the sheer logistics alone would make it damned near impossible. It's all lies on top of lies and lies aren't a very good foundation for any organisation on which to flourish from. Opinions, are slightly better because over time they become something of a maxim for it's members. But I digress slightly, the trouble with basing an empire - a global one at that - would not be possible on a foundation of lies especially based upon the logistics and resources needed for a global empire.

The trouble with telling lies is that they snowball out of control and any organisation for a global empire would become so bogged down in lies, misinformation and people calling BS on you - the whole thing implodes.

A global empire needs competetant, intelligent people who are willing to put the good of the many above their own needs and desires. The Roman Empire is a fine example of this. All Romans working together to achieve global dominance. But this came unstuck when the Senators became corrupt and their organisational skills took a nosedive. Zionism is very much the same, if all it's people are so corrupt - the chances are it ain't going to work.

Corruption is the bane of organisation, and if what you say about Zionism is even half true - Corruption is already in it. So you won't have to worry about it taking over the world - and on the off chance it has - it will inevitably crumble.

But on a personal level, if you don't worry about things beyond your control, they can never truly control you. Or so I've come to believe.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

User avatar
Grand Master
Posts: 7045
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: Residing somewhere in Sengenydd
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Gunner 51 wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
Gunner 51 wrote:
annie27 wrote:Oh here we go again ....Blah Blah Blah .... :roll:

Tell ya what Pat Ok we get the message ....now how about you focus all that intelligence and bile and slick delivery and have a rant about the Bankers or Zionists for a fecking change ....because they started promoted and made huge profits from the wars in the last 100 years . :mad:


Perhaps Pat doesn't think that bankers are the world's biggest problem - he might have been given a rough ride by religious types during his life, hence his utter disdain for the religious. The reason Pat doesn't mention Zionism is most likely because he doesn't believe in Zionism - I don't. It's his V-blog and the content that Mr Condell decides to put into it is entirely his own call.

The guy is entitled to his own opinion, even if you don't agree with it.


How can you not believe in Zionism? :confused: Israel for all it's faults does actually exist and the 'Great Powers' have given it unconditional support since it was formed in 1897 by Theodor Herzl. AIPAC the American Zionist group and it's policeman , the ADL are very real. So are the '<insert party> Friends of Israel' groups that almost every British MP is a member of are also very real.

I can understand people not believing in a god, but not believing in a very real and tangible entity like Zionism I cannot understand.

I bet the Palestinians wished Zionism didn't exist.


Quite easily, Smeggy.
In order to facilitate something like Zionism, the sheer logistics alone would make it damned near impossible. It's all lies on top of lies and lies aren't a very good foundation for any organisation on which to flourish from. Opinions, are slightly better because over time they become something of a maxim for it's members. But I digress slightly, the trouble with basing an empire - a global one at that - would not be possible on a foundation of lies especially based upon the logistics and resources needed for a global empire.

The trouble with telling lies is that they snowball out of control and any organisation for a global empire would become so bogged down in lies, misinformation and people calling BS on you - the whole thing implodes.

A global empire needs competetant, intelligent people who are willing to put the good of the many above their own needs and desires. The Roman Empire is a fine example of this. All Romans working together to achieve global dominance. But this came unstuck when the Senators became corrupt and their organisational skills took a nosedive. Zionism is very much the same, if all it's people are so corrupt - the chances are it ain't going to work.

Corruption is the bane of organisation, and if what you say about Zionism is even half true - Corruption is already in it. So you won't have to worry about it taking over the world - and on the off chance it has - it will inevitably crumble.

But on a personal level, if you don't worry about things beyond your control, they can never truly control you. Or so I've come to believe.


I'm not sure I understand. :confused: Especially this talk of global empire.

Zionism already exists. As a movement it was started in 1897 by Theodor HerzlWiki and it's history and existence is well documented. I still don't understand how you can not believe in it?

Or did you actually mean you don't believe it will take over the world, rather than not believe in it's actual existence? If so I would agree.

But its' also fair to say that all Elite based ideologies and agendas are based upon a foundation of lies and have managed to exist on that foundation for a long time

Lies are how the ordinary people are fooled into allowing themselves to give political license to these elite forces. It's not just the Zionist groups that do that it's Politicians all over the world ( and not just the western variety )

Zionism will build a sizeable empire centred around Jerusalem though, it's 113 years through that agenda and will continue as long as it has a domination of Western politics and then can stand on it's own two feet. But as for taking over the world? nah!!! :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 112057
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

All my talk of global empires comes about because that's what most, if not - all shadowy organisations want. If you are going to have an organisation which has droves of politicians in it's pocket, it's obviously all done because of an inherant lust for power. And the first thing a guy with power craves is more power. I think such Zionist groups exist, they could very well be powerful but they aren't exactly competant for that matter.

If Zionism is as powerful as you make it out to be then the only places that haven't come under it's control is China and the Middle East. Even if bothe were to ally, they still wouldn't be a match against the rest of the world. In essence, they have won. But like any empire, it's own hubris and corruption will bring it down given a few centuries. So for all the plotting and scheming, it all amounts to nothing -Zionism is doomed to become just another forgotten empire. (Worst case scenario.)

A foundation of lies may have lasted these so called Zionists for about 115 years, but it's like building on the San Andreas fault. Your house may be stand today and probably tomorrow, but in the long term - because the big one will come along and level the house. Which is one of the reasons why the west likes it's elections. Because if we didn't have any - the public would have enoughl of the politicans and eventually revolt. (Only to replace one pack of liars with another - so the whole thing amounts to the public venting their anger.)

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

User avatar
Grand Master
Posts: 7045
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: Residing somewhere in Sengenydd
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky


Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Pat Condell

Similar topics

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
    Top of Page

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest