Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

[Pat Condell] You'll turn to God

Pat Condell - Master of Critical Religious Philosophical Wit

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

[Pat Condell] You'll turn to God

Pat doesn't mention Muslims this time!!

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Wow, Pat's very calm this time. It's a nice change from his ranty self.

Though I think Pat has made a bit of a swipe at Islam (and all other religions) when he mentions and bad-mouths "submission."

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Posted on

Criticising religion is one thing. And IMO a good thing.

But Pat has been way disproportionate against Islam recently. In a manner which suggest he's fallen for the neocon Media anti-Islam propaganda. or as annie has suggested in the past, working for them. I suspect the former.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I'll give this a miss, I think, I'm still too repulsed by his last rant, and not sure I ever again want to hear another word from him. Anyway I get the gist of his mind-set, I doubt if he could say much to surprise me.

"TONGUE-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I"

Haunting Beauty
Current Mood: Spine chillingly spooky

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:[Pat Condell] You'll turn to God

Pat doesn't mention Muslims this time!!

I find myself in agreement with his every word.
I had to laugh at his comment about "desert dwelling savages"
That's exactly what the religious fanatics were in biblical times. :rofl:

Keep up the god work Pat!

Super Smegsterwegsta
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Changeable

Posted on

Do people not realise that Pat Condell is predominantly a comedian with satire his main platform?

Moral: Take with lashings of salt.

Blindly believing everything that i dont read in the daily propaganda tabloids

Irritating the humorless since 1973

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Posted on

ghostgirl wrote:I'll give this a miss, I think, I'm still too repulsed by his last rant, and not sure I ever again want to hear another word from him. Anyway I get the gist of his mind-set, I doubt if he could say much to surprise me.

proof that Pat is an utter PAID PRICK :maduk:

Posted on

Mr Squirrel wrote:Do people not realise that Pat Condell is predominantly a comedian with satire his main platform?

Moral: Take with lashings of salt.

Fortunately I take the message for what it says and balanced up against actual history rather than who says it. pat's comedy profession used to make Religious criticism hilariously eloquent and thus made the message fun to listen to. I'm certainly well aware of pat's comedy career. I've also been following hims since his very first "religious video"

To use the authority of the person broadcasting the message as a method of measuring the validity of the message is a dangerous thing to do.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

annie27 wrote:
ghostgirl wrote:I'll give this a miss, I think, I'm still too repulsed by his last rant, and not sure I ever again want to hear another word from him. Anyway I get the gist of his mind-set, I doubt if he could say much to surprise me.

proof that Pat is an utter PAID PRICK :maduk:

I'm still not sure annie ( and nice to cya back ;) ). I think he's naive rather than 'paid'

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Have you listened to this video Smeggs ??? Naive my arse ...he is as sharp as a pencil . His old videos were brilliant .Then he sold out .

Posted on

annie27 wrote:Have you listened to this video Smeggs ??? Naive my arse ...he is as sharp as a pencil . His old videos were brilliant .Then he sold out .

Yes I've listened to EVERY Pat Video. I'm an ardent follower. :)

And as such I've easily noticed the change in his 'direction' over the last year or so. I'm just not convinced of the claim that he's being paid to spew the type of Anti-Islam propaganda that mirrors the Mainstream Media.

And yes I've noticed that when he has a go at Christianity he's back to his old Comedic self and often very funny. But when he rants about Islam he gets very angry and loses the comedy that made him something different in the world of religious critique

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
annie27 wrote:Have you listened to this video Smeggs ??? Naive my arse ...he is as sharp as a pencil . His old videos were brilliant .Then he sold out .

And as such I've easily noticed the change in his 'direction' over the last year or so. I'm just not convinced of the claim that he's being paid to spew the type of Anti-Islam propaganda that mirrors the Mainstream Media.

And yes I've noticed that when he has a go at Christianity he's back to his old Comedic self and often very funny. But when he rants about Islam he gets very angry and loses the comedy that made him something different in the world of religious critique

You are missing the point ...he knows how religion is used and how it has been used for thousands of years for control ....and yet he somehow still cannot work out how the Anti Islam FEAR crap is being used to gain more control over the public ....OH Come on Smeggs ...... :roll:

Posted on

The man's obsessed, like Richard Dawkins and most of the militant atheists. Why don't they just get on with their lives and leave everyone else to their own beliefs, faiths, self-delusions, rabbit's paws etc. etc. The trouble is - they don't like to think that there MIGHT be (and they don't know any more than the rest of us) a superior intellect to their own. They are arrogant and emotionally and spiritually retarded.

You can't intellectualise about faith any more than you can enjoy the Mona Lisa by looking at every square inch through a magnifying glass. They focus on one little bit at a time. They MISS THE POINT!!! And WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE??? (Sorry for shouting but I hate evangelists from whichever direction they come) :mad:

noobywooby
How Hot Are You?: Sahara
Current Mood: Furious. No - incandescent.

Posted on

annie27 wrote:
smeggypants wrote:

You are missing the point ...he knows how religion is used and how it has been used for thousands of years for control ....and yet he somehow still cannot work out how the Anti Islam FEAR crap is being used to gain more control over the public ....OH Come on Smeggs ...... :roll:

It's a fair point but maybe he's so obsessed with the religion side of things, he's blinkered to the Anti-Islam drip drip propaganda that the mainstream media are being used to broadcast to us on an almost daily basis.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

getagrip wrote:The man's obsessed, like Richard Dawkins and most of the militant atheists. Why don't they just get on with their lives and leave everyone else to their own beliefs, faiths, self-delusions, rabbit's paws etc. etc. The trouble is - they don't like to think that there MIGHT be (and they don't know any more than the rest of us) a superior intellect to their own. They are arrogant and emotionally and spiritually retarded.

You can't intellectualise about faith any more than you can enjoy the Mona Lisa by looking at every square inch through a magnifying glass. They focus on one little bit at a time. They MISS THE POINT!!! And WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE??? (Sorry for shouting but I hate evangelists from whichever direction they come) :mad:

:clap: I feel the same way .....well said :thumb:

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Pat Condell