Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

[PAT CONDELL] - Godless and Free

Pat Condell - Master of Critical Religious Philosophical Wit

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Pat Condell - Godless and Free

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Why oh why, is this man not in a position to dictate this countries policies? He speaks more common sense and has more wisdom in his little finger nail that most of our 'statesmen' :roll: have in their entire bodies.

"Religion feeds on a broken spirit"...his metaphors really hit the mark.
" the only business where the customer is always wrong" :finger:

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: hopeful

Posted on

Pat Condell for US President!!

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Pat Condell for US President!!

Pat Condell for king? :chin: ............... :thumb:

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Just watched this again. Excellent!!

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Yes it is a cracker. I don't know Pat's sexual preferences, but if he's straight - I'd marry him!! :pp:

As to his condemnation of dogmatic 'sects'. I sometimes wonder if - with the reduction in church-going - PC dom has taken over as the " correct way to be". :roll: Is there perhaps a tendency in us to put others to rights, whilst we rejoice in our own superiority? Religion is in the decline so PC is in an ascendancy? :confused:

Religious dogma has so much in common with PC.This "I-follow-this-creed-therefore-am better-than-you. If-you-don't-toe-this-line-you-are-worthy-of-censure" scenario. They ALL claim to be in the right of it: there is only ONE way to do owt...THEIR way. It is all too authoritarian, too mindless, to elitist, to appeal to me.

Personally, ANYthing which has the word 'political' as part of its title is highly suss.

Integrity, good manners, compassion, empathy and civility are SOCIAL graces and are usually learned from one's primary carers. WTF has politics got to do with it?

Humanity is what it is about and Pat and I see these things in much the same light.

I am in HIS gang! :thumb:

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

I agree with him. Religion has been used to oppressive effect and thankfully in this age of new found wisdom, it is now on it's way out.

What Mr Condell didn't mention was how you manage to persuade the more zealous of the religious crowd that their beliefs are blinding them. Especially like someone like George Bush for example - very religious and very much in control of the destinies of millions of people - whose delusions led to the deaths of many millions of people. (Though thankfully, he's going to be out of a job in a month...)

While I welcome the slow demise of the Join or be Damned mentality, I can't help wondering what cost it has exacted on this planet.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Posted on

Gunner 51 wrote:I agree with him. Religion has been used to oppressive effect and thankfully in this age of new found wisdom, it is now on it's way out.

What Mr Condell didn't mention was how you manage to persuade the more zealous of the religious crowd that their beliefs are blinding them. Especially like someone like George Bush for example - very religious and very much in control of the destinies of millions of people - whose delusions led to the deaths of many millions of people. (Though thankfully, he's going to be out of a job in a month...)

While I welcome the slow demise of the Join or be Damned mentality, I can't help wondering what cost it has exacted on this planet.

Bush is only a puppet/underwriter for the deeper Zionist-Neocon agenda of cleansing the Middle East of Islamic Power, protecting Israel and plundering the resources like Oil. Bush may gom but those cores agendas still exist unfortunately. Watch these if you haven't already ... http://www.smeggys.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=5978

but yeah, overall the cost on this planet to the stranglehold of Religion has been horrendous. not just in deaths and physical suffering, but throughout societies in the form of psychological suppression of people's very souls and individuality. how many billions of people have restricted their behaviour because of a fear of being judged by the religious based society.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
Gunner 51 wrote:I agree with him. Religion has been used to oppressive effect and thankfully in this age of new found wisdom, it is now on it's way out.

Bush is only a puppet/underwriter for the deeper Zionist-Neocon agenda of cleansing the Middle East of Islamic Power, protecting Israel and plundering the resources like Oil. Bush may gom but those cores agendas still exist unfortunately. Watch these if you haven't already ... http://www.smeggys.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=5978

but yeah, overall the cost on this planet to the stranglehold of Religion has been horrendous. not just in deaths and physical suffering, but throughout societies in the form of psychological suppression of people's very souls and individuality. how many billions of people have restricted their behaviour because of a fear of being judged by the religious based society.

So in the end, it's all the crap that's going on in the middle east is nothing more than a grand case of conquering the Arabs, stealing their oil and ending up looking like the good guys.

I think a lot of people know that people care enough about the middle east to realise that running their cars isn't worth the blood of the general Arab populace of the middle east. But they are all too pessimistic, apathetic, or just too indoctrinated to change and mount one hell of a demonstration against the established governments of their nations.

But I can't see it happening, people around here are too submissive to the government because they know that they won't be listened to.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master

Posted on

Gunner 51 wrote:
So in the end, it's all the crap that's going on in the middle east is nothing more than a grand case of conquering the Arabs, stealing their oil and ending up looking like the good guys.

I think a lot of people know that people care enough about the middle east to realise that running their cars isn't worth the blood of the general Arab populace of the middle east. But they are all too pessimistic, apathetic, or just too indoctrinated to change and mount one hell of a demonstration against the established governments of their nations.

Don't underestimate the factor of Israel in the Middle Eat murderings. It was the Zionist-Neocons who started planning for the invasion of Saddam in the mid 1990s See this thread... http://www.smeggys.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7071

But I can't see it happening, people around here are too submissive to the government because they know that they won't be listened to.

The problem is we've no real political power when it comes to this kind of foreign policy. Both Labour and Tories bat for the same side. The only way to protest is to not vote for any of them. Only 22% of the country voted nu-labour in IIRC

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
Gunner 51 wrote:

Don't underestimate the factor of Israel in the Middle Eat murderings. It was the Zionist-Neocons who started planning for the invasion of Saddam in the mid 1990s See this thread... http://www.smeggys.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7071

The problem is we've no real political power when it comes to this kind of foreign policy. Both Labour and Tories bat for the same side. The only way to protest is to not vote for any of them. Only 22% of the country voted nu-labour in IIRC

It's quite sad to see that voter apathy is so bad in this country that only 22% of the population is enough to vote in Nu-Lab. But seeing that the Tories are in on it too, there just doesn't seem to be any political party who could be half-way decent at running the country, so people don't bother to vote.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master

Posted on

Two parties both funded by the ruling elite is not a democracy. Ordinary people get no real choice if the only two choices with any chance of getting power are both heavily vetted by the ruling elite. IMO we should get rod of the party system and have all candidates independent

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Pat Condell