Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Songs that make you......

Music videos for you to dance around like a plonker to!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

still compiling a few of my favs for you all to laugh at, but as Kittens First post suggests, some of us can relate to songs.

Me? I will always relate a certain song to a certain incident or situation when i'm listening to it. So play me a song from the 80's or 90's and I could prob tell you what i was doing or where i was when it was played!!

Music does strange things to even stranger people (like myself) lol!!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Resident Alcoholic
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Giblet Botherer

Posted on

Lord Gumble wrote:What are you into Kitten??

Loads really, my heart lies with indie stuff. Manchester girl so The stone roses a big, big love for me. Love Radiohead, Muse, Pixies. But love The stones, bowie, hendrix.
I went through rave, which was great fun. I just LOVE music.

"Right, here's the plan. First, we go in there and get wrecked, then we eat a pork pie, then we drop a couple of Surmontil-50's each, means we'll miss out on Monday and come up smiling Tuesday morning." Withnail.

Really Hooked!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: purrrfect!!

Posted on

Manchester? Lived in the suburbs for a few years myself!! Married a Bolton Girl (divorced her as well lol!!) and also lived in Oldham. Was a coach driver in Manchester for years so know the city very very well!!

Tbh, I miss the place, but when i venture back to the UK, I normally pop up north to see my mates!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Resident Alcoholic

Posted on

Oh definately, music somehow cements our memories. Listening to certain music can pull us back to that time, place when it happened.

"Right, here's the plan. First, we go in there and get wrecked, then we eat a pork pie, then we drop a couple of Surmontil-50's each, means we'll miss out on Monday and come up smiling Tuesday morning." Withnail.

Really Hooked!

Posted on

This is my heartbreak song, in fact the whole album. Oh the tears!!!!!

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Lord Gumble wrote:Manchester? Lived in the suburbs for a few years myself!! Married a Bolton Girl (divorced her as well lol!!) and also lived in Oldham. Was a coach driver in Manchester for years so know the city very very well!!

Tbh, I miss the place, but when i venture back to the UK, I normally pop up north to see my mates!!

It's grim up north, no only joking. Manchester is cool.
Driving in Manchester, not pretty is it?

Really Hooked!

Posted on

kitten wrote:
Lord Gumble wrote:Manchester? Lived in the suburbs for a few years myself!! Married a Bolton Girl (divorced her as well lol!!) and also lived in Oldham. Was a coach driver in Manchester for years so know the city very very well!!

Its different!! have a few pics in the snow in 2005. We lived on a main road. But driving through Ashton into Manchester, Loved it!!

came out at the big spikey thing at the new Man City grounds. (Ashton New Rd) I miss Maine Rd. Shame it was demolished!!

Resident Alcoholic

Posted on

My favourite (tonight at least though), is probably this masterpiece from Massive Attack and Tracey Thorn.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

Lord Gumble wrote:
kitten wrote:

Its different!! have a few pics in the snow in 2005. We lived on a main road. But driving through Ashton into Manchester, Loved it!!

came out at the big spikey thing at the new Man City grounds. (Ashton New Rd) I miss Maine Rd. Shame it was demolished!!

Wish I could share your sentiment about Maine Road, just a pity they haven't done the same with the new place.
ManU fan, can't you tell. :)

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Channel Hopper wrote:My favourite (tonight at least though), is probably this masterpiece from Massive Attack and Tracey Thorn.

Fab tune!! :thumb:

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Morning all,just seen this thread,I will be joining in later as you all know my passion for music,got to go to the day job now though.

Kitten, my cousin was John Squires partner for a number of years,they had a child together,met him once....seemed a decent fellow and can write a good tune.

Highway Star
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: Rocking as usual!!!

Posted on

Check out Squires guitar playing on this,one of the best gigs I have ever been to. Watching this song was one of those " life just couldn't get much better than this" moments.

Really Hooked!

Posted on

My music ranges over the years :oops: As a girl that grew up in the sixties , see fab bands live, Beatles,stones,fleetwood mac (original lineup) Animals.........wow ! Love Blues stuff Alex Korner and his band was great actually too many to mention.....*WHO* was a so fantastic live...but in back in those days that was *real music* none of those synthesiser shitty things! Although I dont mind em..loved eighties stuff .. :thumb:

Just been listening to chart show on radio 2, 1979 . Village people Y.M.C.A! One of MY FAVES for a party. I loved their stuff. You can always guarantee people will get up and have a dance to that record...fab :thumb:

Aww they are playing Ian Dury now *Hit me with your rhythm stick* classic. :thumb:

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

Oh love fleetwood mac. Stevie Nicks - edge of seventeen is a personal addiction of mine. The drama of it all......classic.

Really Hooked!

Posted on

kitten wrote:Oh love fleetwood mac. Stevie Nicks - edge of seventeen is a personal addiction of mine. The drama of it all......classic.

Aww Yes Kitten but she wasnt part of the original Fleetwood Mac. I see them back in '69 or something like that, I Actually see THE original group at a pub gig near me.....well before Steve joined.........but she was great......Drugs took hold of all of them though. :( :(

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

Dolls wrote:
kitten wrote:Oh love fleetwood mac. Stevie Nicks - edge of seventeen is a personal addiction of mine. The drama of it all......classic.

Aww Yes Kitten but she wasnt part of the original Fleetwood Mac. I see them back in '69 or something like that, I Actually see THE original group at a pub gig near me.....well before Steve joined.........but she was great......Drugs took hold of all of them though. :( :(

Wow lucky you, bet is was fab.
Yes she was added to sex up the group a little, she did a good job, great voice though.
Sex, drugs and rock and roll..........what a fantastic combination. :D

Really Hooked!

Posted on

First heard this song about 8/9 years ago, and so began my love affair with Muse.
They have rarely let me down, we did have a bit of a wobble in our relationship when they released that Dr Who/glam rock ditty. But the good times have always outweighted the bad............that's true love for you.

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Highway Star
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: Rocking as usual!!!

Posted on

A few Elton Favs.......

Madness

Ego

Little Jeannie and Sartorial Eloquence

Funeral for a Friend , Love lies Bleeding (Has to be his best ever compsure with Bernie Taupin!)

Resident Alcoholic

Posted on

Dolls wrote:but in back in those days that was *real music* none of those synthesiser shitty things! Although I dont mind em..loved eighties stuff .. :thumb:

Oi you, leave those synths alone, it's not what you have, it's how and who you let play with it. ;)

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

PreviousNext

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music Videos