Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Playing a few of my synths

Music videos for you to dance around like a plonker to!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

sound quality not the best, but you get the idea

Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Electric!

Posted on

Richie wrote:Playing a few of my synths

Well I counted seven - and a half.

How many do you have ?

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

Channel Hopper wrote:
Richie wrote:Playing a few of my synths

Well I counted seven - and a half.

How many do you have ?

another 5 or 6 in the cupboard, and another keyboard off screen - that's not including all the rack mounted and desktop synths (or my DIY efforts).

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

I name that tune "Abu Dhabi Sunrise!" :thumb:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Richie wrote:another 5 or 6 in the cupboard, and another keyboard off screen - that's not including all the rack mounted and desktop synths (or my DIY efforts).

OK, well I won't tell your other half as long as you don't tell mine about the other motorcycles I keep round my mates house.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

Removed the original due to poor audio quality (but can't edit my post for some reason). Hopefully some of you will scroll down this far to see why it's been removed

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

:clap: nice job Richie .......my god what must your electricity bill be like :D

Posted on

The whole tune was inspired by the EH Small Stone phase shifter I purchased today. there was a sticker with a symbol on it suggesting I Do Not throw it in the rubbish bin, they must underestimate their products. Sticker has thus been removed, I really did not need to be told that. :D

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:I name that tune "Abu Dhabi Sunrise!" :thumb:

sounds good to me :D

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Very nice work :)

(I wanted to hear a cool baseline when the sequenced riff came in)

Been rejigging my setup today to try to make it more accessible for hands on playing rather than doing everything from the host and tracking individually.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

LordNibbler wrote:Very nice work :)

(I wanted to hear a cool baseline when the sequenced riff came in)

Been rejigging my setup today to try to make it more accessible for hands on playing rather than doing everything from the host and tracking individually.

Thanks Nibbler :thumb:

No sequencers were used as such, or it could have had a bassline. The Juno 6 'sequence' was an arpeggio, step triggered by the drum machine (these were the only two machines locked in time). The whole point of the exercise was to avoid computer sequencing, or MIDI. I'm building a couple of CV/Gate sequencers at the moment for my DIY modular synth, which I'm yet to make a cabinet for, so things should improve once they're complete.

I guess I could have used the Korg MS to play a bassline over live, but this was total improv and I didn't have enough hands. If any sexy lady would like to volunteer their hands to play with my organs, feel free to message me. :D

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Quality Leks!!

I like all that sorta music. Reminds me of Jean Michel Jarre.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Resident Alcoholic
Current Mood: Giblet Botherer

Posted on

Richie wrote:No sequencers were used as such, or it could have had a bassline. The Juno 6 'sequence' was an arpeggio, step triggered by the drum machine (these were the only two machines locked in time). The whole point of the exercise was to avoid computer sequencing, or MIDI. I'm building a couple of CV/Gate sequencers at the moment for my DIY modular synth, which I'm yet to make a cabinet for, so things should improve once they're complete.

I'll listen again with that knowledge - how did you link them without midi? Don't know many drum machines with gate outputs (Vermona?).

Not sure which synth it was doing the main pads but I thought that might have been driving the suitcase as well but difficult to tell on the crappy pc speakers I use. And it was the main pads going through the new phaser? Sounded very nice. I've often wondered if the EH Polyphase is any good but its pretty expensive.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

LordNibbler wrote:
Richie wrote:No sequencers were used as such, or it could have had a bassline. The Juno 6 'sequence' was an arpeggio, step triggered by the drum machine (these were the only two machines locked in time). The whole point of the exercise was to avoid computer sequencing, or MIDI. I'm building a couple of CV/Gate sequencers at the moment for my DIY modular synth, which I'm yet to make a cabinet for, so things should improve once they're complete.

I'll listen again with that knowledge - how did you link them without midi? Don't know many drum machines with gate outputs (Vermona?).

Not sure which synth it was doing the main pads but I thought that might have been driving the suitcase as well but difficult to tell on the crappy pc speakers I use. And it was the main pads going through the new phaser? Sounded very nice. I've often wondered if the EH Polyphase is any good but its pretty expensive.

The drum machine is a Boss DR110 (last analogue drum machine they made), and has a trigger out on it, which I hooked up to the arpeggio clock input of the Juno 6. I used the SH201 for the pad through the Small Stone phase shifter. The suitcase synth is just there for extra zaps and effects, and only makes a small appearance a couple of times during the performance.

The Small Stone phase shifter is the one JMJ uses heavily on Oxygene and Equinoxe. Sounds great with pink noise, as well as pads.

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

I'll look that Boss unit up - never heard of it. I suppose being analog and old, its a collectors item nowadays! Used to have an analog box years back, loaned it the bass player, we fell out and I never saw it again. Can't remember what it was now. It sounded like biscuit tins being hit with brushes - load of crap - but I wish I had it now!

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

The DR110 is an undiscovered gem, the TR606 and TR808 have become classics, yet the analogue voices of the DR110 are almost identical in design, and can be picked up for peanuts. I have 2, one modified and one straight (I added decay to the kick to get the TR808 boom).

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Richie wrote:The DR110 is an undiscovered gem, the TR606 and TR808 have become classics, yet the analogue voices of the DR110 are almost identical in design, and can be picked up for peanuts. I have 2, one modified and one straight (I added decay to the kick to get the TR808 boom).

You're happy going inside machines doing things like that? :eek4: I wouldn't know where to start and be too worried about fucking somethign up. Presumably you've got a good grounding in electronics?

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

I build synthesizers, here's some of my DIY efforts

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

My DR110 with my clone of the DR55 analogue rimshot circuit plugged into the trigger output:

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

here's Richie's latest project ....

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Next

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music Videos